The Rise of Darkrai was the 10th Pokémon movie made and the third movie I worked on.
It was around this time I was finally starting to feel comfortable with the logos I was creating for these movies. The logos were by far the hardest part for me because they went against everything I was taught in school—to simplify and remove. Here it was almost more is better. Ornamental, fun and colorful. It was a little hard to adjust to at first, but eventually we got there.
Chris, the creative director, and I worked closely on this one. I gave him a bunch of ideas, but they were all missing something. Once he found the typeface we ended up using, it quickly came in place. I thought the gothic typeface really captured the feel of the featured ghost-like character and the look of the movie. After that, localizing the rest of the materials was easy.